My Hair Care Routine


I have always struggled with frizzy hair and it's been so unmanageable at times that I've just wanted to cry, there's actually been a few occasions where I have seriously considered shaving it all off. Recently I've been having more issues than ever with it; I've noticed it falling out even more than usual and it feels unusually dry and has lost it's vibrancy. This is probably due to the amount of times I've straightened, curled and dyed it over the years, as well as twisting and tying it into all sorts of weird styles. It's been through a lot, so it's no wonder it's started to look a bit worse for wear.

After all those years of neglect, I finally decided it was time to give my hair a bit of TLC and I went out and spent a small fortune on hair products and, I've got to admit, I have noticed an improvement over the last month of sticking to a strict hair care routine.


The Products

Silica Complex Tablets - Holland & Barrett - £12.35

Choosing a good shampoo and conditioner can be a real task, I've probably tried almost every major brand on the market and there's never been anything that has really made a huge difference to my hair. I had heard a lot about OGX and I'd been wanting to try it for a while, so I finally decided to invest and I'm so glad I did! I chose Biotin & Collagen because I wanted something that was going to make my hair feel thicker since it had started to feel really fine and it was falling out everywhere. I only wash my hair twice a week because that's all it ever needs, but the difference since I have started using OGX is unreal! It feels so much healthier and, although it still doesn't feel as thick as it was, it definitely appears thick. I know £14 on shampoo and conditioner is a bit steep, but I think it's definitely worth it for the massive improvement it has made to my hair.

Since there was a 3 for 2 offer on OGX products, I also bought some Keratin Oil spray which is amazing! I definitely recommend it if you have really dry hair because it makes my hair feel so much more hydrated. You just spray it on damp hair and comb it through and you can feel the difference immediately!

One of my favourite shops for hair products is Lush; I've tried a lot of their hair masks and always been amazed by the results. So I went in to see if I could find anything that might help bring my hair back to life and one of the girls who worked there recommended Jersey Bounce after I told her about the problems I've been having with my hair. I decided to give it a try, I've been using it once every two weeks and it definitely gives my hair that extra 'oomph'! I'd love to use it every time I wash my hair, but almost £7 is definitely too much to spend on a little pot that I'll probably only get about 5 or 6 washes out of.

A product I have been using for a long time is the TRESemme Salon Sleek Smooth Memory Spray. This stuff is a life saver! I alternate between this and the keratin oil, I think the keratin oil is better for really dry hair, whereas this definitely keeps frizzy hair at bay. I just spray it all over my hair when it's damp and leave it to dry overnight and it feels so soft when I wake up in the morning. I'm obsessed with this stuff.

I wanted to include my heat protection spray because it is SO important to protect your hair if you use heat on it a lot. I never used to use heat protection and that's probably why my hair is in the state it is, so do buy some, you can get it really cheap and it's worth it in the long run.
I also wanted to include a sea salt spray because this stuff is amazing if you have hair like mine, not quite curly but definitely not straight, just sort of a mess. I've found that spraying my hair with this and pinning a few bits up here and there gives it a more 'beachy' look, rather than 'bed head', which is ideal for mornings when I don't have time to be messing around with straighteners. It's also really handy for giving your hair that bit more texture when you're trying to style it.

I was given this little bottle of Kitoko oil as a Christmas present and it has lasted forever! I probably use it about once a month, or when my hair is unusually dry, and I just rub a few drops through the ends of my hair and it makes a huge difference. You can use it on wet or dry hair, I tend to use it when my hair is dry and is starting to feel a bit like straw, and it really hydrates it and has a massive impact.

The Silica Complex tablets were recommended to me by one of the staff at Holland & Barrett. He said most of the other stuff that's supposed to be good for hair is a bit of a gimmick, but his manager apparently swears by these. I know £12.35 is a lot to spend on some herbal tablets that may or may not work, but I had read that they were supposed to be miracle workers and they contain zinc which is really good for hair. I have been taking one a day, but I can't be sure if they've made a difference because I've been using so many hair products as well, but I have noticed that my skin and nails are in much better condition and I can only put that down to taking these, so I'm going to carry on taking them and hopefully I'll see even more results.

So that's everything I'm doing to look after my hair at the moment. I think it desperately needs cutting and then I'll probably notice a huge difference in how it feels.

What's your favourite hair product?

Lots of love
Megan
x

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I also love lush hair products! I really need to condition my hair more can be so lazy x]

    Lotté | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush always have such amazing products! I'm the same, it takes so much effort, but it's definitely worth it! x

      Delete

Back
to top