Amsterdam: Part Two


I'm sorry this is a couple of days later than I said it would be, work and life keep getting in the way. 
This is part two of my trip to Amsterdam, enjoy!

Tuesday


If any of you go to Amsterdam and wonder where this iamsterdam thing is, it is outside the Rijksmuseum! I didn't have a clue where it was, but I'm so glad we found it because I'm a sucker for a good cliche picture.   
Unfortunately, we didn't go inside the Rijksmuseum because I was quickly running out of money and Hannah wasn't that interested anyway. It is a beautiful building though, I was happy to just admire it from the outside. In fact, museumplein is a really beautiful area, we spent a couple of hours sat around chatting and admiring the view.

At the moment, there's a line of painted bunny statues near the Rijksmuseum to commemorate 60 years since nijntje was created (Miffy in English). They're really strange, but kind of brilliant, so naturally I had to get pictures!


A bit later on, we went to the Heineken experience, which is basically a museum about how Heineken is created - I wasn't expecting it to be as fun as it was! They have a 'ride' which is basically just a moving platform with a big screen, and it simulates brewing you as if you were inside the beer. 
There's also lots of games and interactive things as you go through the museum, and then you get two free drinks at the end. I'm not the biggest fan of Heineken, but I drank them anyway because who would turn down free alcohol??


Later on, we went to the ice bar, which was kind of a rip off because the drinks were tiny! But it was a great experience and it's such a unique place. We didn't have the time to get changed (or the energy for the 30 minute walk back to the hotel), so we went in what we were wearing and luckily they give you a huge coat and gloves, but my bare legs were absolutely freezing!! 


You get a free cocktail in the regular bar while you wait for your time to be called into the ice bar, then you get two drinks in the ice bar in an actual cup of ice. It was amazing! 


Wednesday

Since Wednesday was our last full day, we just wandered around shops and bought souvenirs for our family. We just had a really chilled out day exploring Amsterdam (the Red Light District mainly - it's not quite as strange during the day). 
At night we decided to buy some wine and then go out and try to find the night life! It was the only night we actually bothered to properly go out, but it was really good. We did have to be up at 5am the next day though to travel home, that pretty much killed us both, but it was so worth it!

All in all, I had an absolutely amazing trip and I can't wait to go back! I highly recommend going to Amsterdam because there's so much to see and do, but there's also a great night life/party scene. It's an incredible city!

I'll post again soon
Lots of love
Megan



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. The trip sounded amazing, I'm so glad you had a lovely time there! xxx

    http://lovestephx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really amazing! I loved every second, I want to go back so badly!! xxx

      Delete

Back
to top