Writing

Hello!

I realised today that, although I talk a lot about writing on this blog, I haven't actually shared any of my work with you. So here's a poem I wrote last year for a Uni assignment!

I Choose You

I know you better than most
all those little things you do
when you’re drunk on passion
the way your eyes sparkle
and you bite your lip
when you look my way
I know you at 2am
clutching an empty bottle
sobbing into my chest
thinking there’s no way back
when your world comes crumbling down
leaving you damaged, fragmented
I know you at 2pm
a smile painted across your face
lies of “I’m fine” lingering on your lips
lies masked by beauty
charming everyone you meet
fooling them, but never me
I choose you at 2pm
when loving you comes easy
when all of your demons are locked away
I choose you at 2am
when I’m not sure if I can fix you
when maybe you’re irreparable

I choose you
all of you
always 

I could probably do with sitting down and editing it a little bit more, but overall I'm quite pleased with this one. I hope you like it :)

Love,
Megan
x

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top