London

Hello!


I recently went to London for a day to see my best friend in the whole world, Abby. I had one of the best days of my life! Abby and I met through Tumblr over 2 year ago and we became really close, but it's been so difficult because she is from America, so it would cost over £700 for me to visit her. Luckily, Abby happened to have a trip to London planned with her mum and grandma, so we took that as an opportunity to meet up. 
I dragged myself out of bed at 4.30am and caught the 6.15 train to London, and 4 hours later, at around 10.30, we finally met! It's very rare that you find someone you instantly click with, but I did with Abby, it felt like we were old friends and it felt so natural to chat and shop together, like it had always been like that.



We went straight to Charing Cross and found a little side street with loads of bookshops selling first edition books. They were all obviously super pricey, but it was nice to look around and some of the window displays were incredible! Abby and I are both a bit fanatical about books, so we spent a long time looking around the shops. I didn't buy anything, but I loved looking at the really old copies of some of my favourite books.



We then went to an adorable hidden tea room for afternoon tea. There was little sandwiches, scones and so much cake - it was delicious. We also had a glass of champagne each! It was lovely to sit and chat with Abby and her 'mom' and 'grammy', I felt like I had known them forever. 
Afterwards, Abby, her mum and I got the very crowded tube to Leicester Square (I think) and we had a couple of drinks in a nearby pub. It was the perfect way to end an absolutely perfect day!

When I had to say goodbye it was impossible to hold back the tears. It's so hard having such a wonderful friend who lives so far away. I really wish I could spend every day with Abby. I count myself lucky though that we have been able to meet up, I feel so privileged to have had that opportunity! I'm now even more determined to save up and visit her in America; it will be amazing to have more than just one day together, I can't wait!! Long distance friendships are so difficult, but so completely worth it when they're this good.


Lots of love
Megan
x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top