2016 Goals

Happy New Year! I can't quite believe it is already 2016, I feel like I blinked and missed the last 6 months! I hope 2015 treat you all well and here's hoping 2016 is even better!!
After possibly the worst year of my life, I have decided to take control and do the things that make me happy. I am slowly cutting toxic people out of my life and I am working hard to become the person I want to be. I'm not one to get caught up in the 'new year, new me' fiasco, your personality isn't going to change because the date on the calendar does, you have to work for it, and that's what I intend to do.
So these are a few of my goals for 2016 and beyond!

1. Write more

This year, I really hope that I can fall back in love with writing, it has been my passion for as long as I can remember and it breaks my heart that I don't get the same rush from it as I used to. I've made a promise to myself that this year I am going to write for myself, and I'm going to make myself write more often. Becoming a writer isn't something I want to give up on easily, it's my dream and I'm going to fight to keep it alive.

2. Blog more

I love blogging, but I struggle to find the time and motivation to post and I'm not always happy with the posts I do write. So this year I'm going to plan my time better and set aside time each week to write quality blog posts so that this blog becomes something I can be proud of.

3. Eat healthy and exercise

This is the most cliche 'new year goal', but I wholeheartedly agree that 'food is the most overused anxiety drug and exercise is the most underutilised antidepressant' and this year I want to have a proper exercise routine and I want to eat better. Over the last few months I have fallen into a routine of takeaways and microwave meals and it's not exactly doing wonders for my health - or my skin - so I want to break the habit and start eating healthier meals as well as making sure I'm getting regular exercise.

4. Travel

I did a little bit of travelling this year, mostly around England. I had a really great night out in Leeds, I met my lovely friend, Neneh, in Birmingham for a day of shopping, I finally met my American friend, Abby, in London and had the best day of my life, I visited my friend, Beth, and her boyfriend, Connor's new flat in Liverpool which was lovely, and I went to Amsterdam with my friend, Hannah, which was amazing! This year I want to travel even more, I love seeing new places and exploring new cities.

5. Be Positive

Being a self-confessed pessimist, positivity is something I do struggle with. But I want to learn to make the best of bad situations, and I want to stop being so negative about everything. I think this will be the hardest goal to stick to because it involves changing a part of my personality, but it can definitely be done and it's a change I am determined to make. No one likes a killjoy, and I don't want to be that person.

Those are my goals for the new year
what are yours?




CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment once again. It seems like ages since we spoke. I mostly replied to your comment on my blog but I thought I'd finish by saying hello on here as well and by wishing you the best of luck with your aims for 2016! I hope this year is better for you with plenty of positive moments to focus one. I'll look forward to reading your next blog post. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, thank you for commenting back! It has been a while, I lost interest in blogging, but I'm hoping I can get back into it this year. Thank you lovely, same to you xx

      Delete

Back
to top