A Fresh Start


If there is one thing this life offers in abundance, it's opportunities to start afresh. If you aren't happy with your life you can, and should, change it. I have recently come to realise that there is absolutely nothing in life worth more than your happiness. Whether it's a job, where you're living, a "friend", a relationship, your weight, whatever it is that is making you unhappy, you have the power to change it. I've made the decision to get everything I can out of life, because no one knows how long they've got, so why even waste a single second on being miserable? 


I am one of those few lucky people who has always had an answer to the question 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' My response has always been clear and simple, 'a writer.' However, as much as I live and breathe writing as a hobby, I have found that I am not quite as compatible with it in an academic setting. I have tried and tried to love the degree, I feel like I should love it and it should be perfect for me, but it just isn't. I hate feeling as though I am being restricted and forced to write in a particular way to meet the likes and dislikes of a certain tutor. I also don't like the pressure of workshops and deadlines, I much prefer to write freely and for no one but myself.
Due to these reasons, and many more, I have decided to switch my degree to English. Whilst still in the field I want to be in, an English degree offers a more academic angle and will teach me about the craft of writing, but still allow me to write for myself in my free time.
If you aren't happy with something in your life, do not be afraid to change it - it might be the best thing you ever do!


If you need to lie in bed for two days and do nothing but watch episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix, then do it. If you want nothing more than to go on holiday, save up and go. The only thing that is ever holding you back, is you. 
I have made the decision to go travelling once I've finished my degree and I have been putting money aside every week and will continue to do so throughout my next two years at uni. The idea of travelling the world is terrifying, but also so exciting and I don't think I have ever wanted anything so much in my entire life. It's my opportunity to find a fresh start somewhere new and exotic, somewhere I can make new friends and become an entirely different person. It's going to be incredible.


Life is a journey, there'll be ups, downs, and roundabouts you never saw coming. Just make the most of it, you wont ever get the chance to do it again! 

Lots of love






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top