My 'To Read' List

Hello!


It's not secret that I am pretty much obsessed with books! I decided to sort through my collection and was quite shocked to discover how many books I have bought but have yet to read. It's near impossible for me to go into any bookshop without buying a book (or five), and with so many cute little bookshops selling second hand books for next to nothing, how can I possibly resist?
So here's a list of the books I have yet to read:

  • Lost Angel by Kitty Neale - This caught my eye at a little market stall in my town that sells second hand books really cheap, I think I paid about £1 for this! It sounds like a real tragedy and I love a book that can make me cry, so hopefully I'll get round to reading this one soon.
  • All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - This is my most recent purchase, I bought it yesterday from Waterstones for £7.99. It's about two teenagers, a boy and a girl, who are both at really low points in their lives, but are able to help each other and eventually fall in love. It sounds like it could be quite a sad book, but I'm hoping it will have a happy ending. I'll probably review this one when I finish it, so keep an eye out for that!
  • Now is the Hour by Hilary Green - I think this was a second hand purchase, but I can't actually remember when I bought it. On the front it has a quote: "war tore them apart, friendship help them together" which is probably why I picked it up. I love romance novels based in war time, or just any kind of war novel, I don't know why but the war just fascinates me.
  • Solo by Jill Mansell - My mum lent my this book as she knows that Jill Mansell is one of my absolute favourite authors. I'm a sucker for a good romance and she manages to hit the nail on the head every single time. If you're looking for a romance novel to sink your teeth into, definitely go for a Jill Mansell book!
  • The Hardest Part of Love by Catherine Ryan Hyde - Yet another second hand buy! I think the main reason I decided to buy this book is because it's written from a male perspective and it's not often I read anything from a man's point of view. I'm not sure why this is the case, I guess I just tend to read romance novels and they're usually written from a female point of view? I don't know. But this sounds really interesting.
  • The Wish List by Jane Costello - I picked this one up in Waterstones a while ago, I think it will probably be the next book I read. It just sounds like a really light-hearted, funny, easy read and on the front it says "if you love Sophie Kinsella, you'll love Jane Costello" so hopefully I will really enjoy this as I am a big fan of Sophie Kinsella.
  • No! I Don't Want to Join a Bookclub by Virginia Ironside - This is written as the diary of a grumpy old lady who doesn't want to get old. It sounds hilarious, I'm really excited to read it.
  • Never Say Goodbye by Susan Lewis - I'm not really sure when I got this or where I got it from, but it does look like the type of book I would usually be drawn to. From reading the blurb, I gather that it's a tragic love story about the strength of friendship through hard times, apparently it's a real tear-jerker. 
  • Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield - This sounds like quite an interesting book, not the type of thing I would usually go for. It sounds quite mysterious and has the potential to be quite dark I think. I'm looking forward to reading it. 
So that's all of the books that I have yet to read. I would say I will refrain from buying anymore until I get through this lot, but that would probably be a lie. I might do a couple of reviews, let me know in the comments if there's any of these books in particular that you would like a review of! I'll probably do another list in a couple of months because my book list is ever-growing, so I'm sure I'll have a lot more waiting to be read! 

What are you reading at the moment? 

Much love

Megan
x

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by The Hardest Part of Love by Catherine Ryan Hyde. I'd be interested to see you review it. It might convince me to read it myself. :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall start reading that as soon as I finish Travelling to Infinity :) If you like the sound of it when I review it you are very welcome to borrow it! x

      Delete

Back
to top