Massive 'Haul' (part 1)

Hello!!


I've been stretching my tiny student budget quite a lot lately and have been buying lots of lovely things. My excuse is that I need new clothes for summer, and new accessories to go with the clothes, and new make up to complete the look. But really I just like spending money.
This is part one because I'm going to Meadowhall (the huge shopping centre near me) on Monday, so I'll most likely do a part 2 soon with all the stuff I buy there.
I'll try to supply a link to anything I show on here where I can, but there'll probably be some things I can't find online.

Clothes

Top - New Look - N/A


I really love this top because it's not too dressy, so I can wear it for a casual drink at the pub, or on a uni night out (which no one gets really dressed up for). I've needed something like this for ages! I just pair it with jeans or dark blue shorts and a nice necklace.

Playsuit - Boohoo - £18
(x)


I have a weakness for playsuits and this one is perfect for summer. The material is really light and floaty and the colours are really summery. You can't tell on the picture, but it has bits cut out on the shoulders and it ties at the neck leaving a bit of an open back. I love it!

Dress - Boohoo - £15
(x)


I was a little bit disappointed when this dress arrived because I bought it thinking it would be really nice for summer, but it's actually quite thick material and probably too warm to wear on a hot day. But I do still really like it and it'll be nice to wear on days when there's still a bit of a breeze.

Jeans - River Island - £42
(x)


I have wanted some ripped knee jeans for ages and these are perfect! They were a bit more expensive than I'd have liked, but I feel like I can justify spending so much because the quality is amazing and I'll wear them all the time. They are also a perfect fit, which is so rare for jeans!

Cardigan - New Look - N/A


I just think this is absolutely gorgeous! It looks so lovely over a casual outfit and really makes the whole outfit come together. 

Accessories

Sunglasses - New Look - £5.99
(x - not the exact pair, but similar)



Sorry for the bad quality of some of the pictures, my phone camera isn't the best.
I always treat myself to a pair of sunglasses when it's coming into spring/summer. I found these ones in New Look and fell in love. I really like bigger sunglasses, I think they suit my face shape a lot better. Although I usually end up wearing them on my head to keep my hair in place rather than on my face!

Bag - New Look - £12.99
(x)


This is really nice for nights out and it's quite big, so it holds everything I need to take with me, including my huge purse! It has a gold strap as well for people who like to carry bags over their shoulder.

Flower crown - New Look - £3.99
(x)



I can't find the blue one online. I'm such a huge fan of flower crowns and I'm really glad people are starting to wear them again, They make me feel so happy and ready for summer, they're so cute!

Headband - New Look - £3.99
(x)


More flowers!! I bought this on impulse because it's so pretty and it will go with anything, as well as disguise my (quite frequent) bad hair days.

Necklace - Topshop - N/A


I love this necklace because it's so simple, but really pretty. I'm not keen on big statement jewellery, so this is much more to my taste and looks really nice when it catches the light and sparkles.

Notebooks


Journal - Paperchase - N/A


This is really cute because it comes with a little lock! I have enough notebooks, but I had a moment of weakness because I love that I can lock it; not that I have anything top secret to write about, but it's a fun idea.

Notepad - WHSmith - £4.49
(x)


Again, I really didn't need to buy this, but I wanted to buy a notepad to start writing down Dutch phrases. My lovely friend from Belgium bought me a book to help me learn Dutch, so I'm definitely going to be using that over summer.

Recipe Book - Paperchase - £10


I've recently started getting a lot more into cooking and I'm going to try eating a vegan diet over summer to see if I notice any health benefits. So I bought this book to start noting down any vegan recipes I want to try.

Make-up


Simple make-up wipes - Superdrug - £1.59
(x)


These are the only make-up wipes I ever use. I really like Simple and use a lot of their skin care products and it really has made a massive improvement to my skin. 

Gel liner - Superdrug - £6.99
(x)


I've wanted to try gel liner for ages and I used it for the first time today. It's quite hard to get the hang of because it goes on quite thick and I ended up having to redo it twice, but when it goes right it looks really good. It's much darker than pencil or felt liner and less messy than liquid, I really like it.

Lipstick - Superdrug - £5.49
(x)


I haven't tried Kate Moss lipstick yet, but I've heard good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try. I really love this colour because it's different to all the other colours I have. It's really nice and bright for summer, so I think it's probably going to be a bit of a staple for me!

Eye shadow palette - Superdrug - £14.99
(x)


I really like this palette! It has a lot of similar colours to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and is really pigmented. I like how it had some shimmery eye shadows and some matte. It's a really useful palette with some really nice nude colours. 

Finally....


I booked to go to Amsterdam with my friend!!
We're staying in a 4 star hotel for 4 nights and we're both really excited. I can't wait to see the Anne Frank House and the Van Gough Museum, I really want to go down the canals on a boat as well. There's so much to see and do, I can't wait!

That's everything I've bought recently, but there'll be more to come soon.
What have you been buying lately?
Are you excited for summer?

Lots of love

Megan
x





CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I really like these purchases, especially the playsuit and flower crowns. Amsterdam sounds like it will be really great, I hope you have an amazing time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm so excited for Amsterdam, it's going to be incredible, it still hasn't sunk in that I'm actually going haha! xxx

      Delete

Back
to top